UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jun 2021, 6:45 pm   #1
beltinge bore
Pentode

Default Philips EY51 valves.

Hello,

First I must apologise for my Decca 1000 thread going cold. I am waiting for a Hernia operation and SHMBO has banned me from in her words "lugging it about".

I bought 6 Philips EY51's from France via eBay. I have used a couple without any problems. On fitting one to a Bush TV24 I noticed it had a green label with 3.3 under it. I checked the rest and found yellow label 5.6 and green label 11.4.

They all came in French Philips boxes. My question is are these just date codes or do they have another meaning?

I think a young man in Eindhoven could possibly help!

Thanks and Regards Steve.
Old 9th Jun 2021, 11:43 am   #2
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips EY51 valves.

Did you look for small printed codes on the valves themselves? If the codes on the labels are date codes they should be correlated to the printed codes. If they don't correspond in some way, the labels are more likely to be related to testing or quality control.
Closed Thread