UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jan 2023, 9:06 pm   #1
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Museum dedication- relays leaking gunge

You'll like this- (not a lot, but you will like it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3qKW7cHeaE

The dedication to the cause (whatever that cause may be) is supreme. As is often the case, once suspects these guys are either volunteering their time or working for a pittance.

Dave
Old 8th Jan 2023, 10:59 pm   #2
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Museum dedication- relays leaking gunge

I've watched a lot from their channel, they're dedicated folks alright! I wonder how the US system compares with the equivalent that was serving in the UK at a similar point in history.
Old 9th Jan 2023, 10:05 pm   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes quite interesting, although I must admit at times I fast forwarded it a bit when it was going slow and getting somewhat tedious.

When I was an apprentice I worked in a telephone exchange for 3 months, so had some inkling what was going on in the video.

David
Old 11th Jan 2023, 12:52 am   #4
The Philpott
Dekatron

It's sometimes beneficial to run YT videos at 1.25 normal speed if the information isn't coming at you quick enough- in many cases it doesn't distort the speech to any noticeable extent.
Closed Thread