UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2021, 12:16 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Non–English Technical Books?

Hi!

Just dipping my toe in the water to find out about Members' experiences with collecting/studying non–English technical books!

I've just pulled the trigger on a copy "Circuits Electroniques" by Jean Pierre Oehmichen (1922-2016, so he had a very good innings!), from the contents pages the seller listed, it covers Electronic Sine Wave Oscillators, Electronic Square Wave Oscillators, Frequency Multiplication, Frequency Division, Timebase Circuits, (including the Puckle, Transitron and Phantastron), Phase Measurement, Signal Processing and Shaping Techniques, (and I think!) there's a chapter on Servos as well!

This is another very good example of a valve–era book that moves on from the staple radio and TV type books, and hopefully without going into too many revolting equations!

Chris Williams
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210812-122742_eBay.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	239332  

Last edited by Chris55000; 12th Aug 2021 at 12:31 pm.
Old 12th Aug 2021, 12:46 pm   #2
jhalphen
Hexode

Default Re: Non–English Technical Books?

Hi to all,
Hi Chris55000,

if you want to have a peek at more French electronics books, have a look at our docTSF library.
Free downloadable pdf's galore.
Classification by year of publication (starting end of 19th Century to 1986) and by title.
You don't have to be a member, we're not RMORG...
enjoy :

https://archives.doctsf.com/document...hp?num_serie=7

Best Regards
jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 12th Aug 2021, 8:54 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Chris, the very good Philips Tech Library, published from the late 20's until the 60's contained the same title in Dutch, Germany French and English, also ocassionally in Spanish as well

I have quite a few electrical theory books in German by various authors that are quite readable

Ed
Old 13th Aug 2021, 11:17 am   #4
pmmunro
Octode

This German publisher does some very good modern books on a range of technical subjects. Their mostly in German, but a few are in English and some with a limited number of dual language pages.

https://www.europa-lehrmittel.de/

PMM
Old 13th Aug 2021, 11:32 am   #5
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalphen View Post
Hi to all,

If you want to have a peek at more French electronics books, have a look at our docTSF library.
C'est très intéressant et utile.

David
Old 13th Aug 2021, 12:42 pm   #6
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

I have quite a lot of non-technical English books.

I'll get my coat and hat....
Closed Thread