UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Oct 2020, 12:45 pm   #21
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Alba,TC2326.G8

There's generally no need to replace the BU105/205s on a G8 unless they are definitely faulty. However you do neeed to change the green capacitors and the LOPT so your hunting isn't over.
You can short the HT out with a screw, but it's pretty obvious and ISTR it takes out the PSU fuse, not the line panel's.
Old 20th Oct 2020, 7:55 pm   #22
davyrocket2
Pentode

Well the seller whose username is merlin on eBay just said make a decent offer for the tripler which. I did he accepted my offer and asked what else do I need . So I also need a 5 wire tripler for the Dynatron 731-733 ,chassis and he said we could come to the same deal. I have messaged 2 users on here and both say they may have the correct capacitors . I just need a Lopt heat sink compound decided some of the sleeving that goes on the pin of the BU205s which test ok. I decided to get the BU205s whilst available . I ordered the thyristor.I may currrently not need the thyristor but decided to get one whilst it can go in the spare parts tub regards David
Old 21st Oct 2020, 9:36 am   #23
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

That's a sensible thing to do - you'll probably need them in the future.
As I suggested, try Donberg for the LOPT and put a wanted ad on the forum in case you haven't already.
Closed Thread