UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 15th Dec 2023, 7:20 pm   #1
Morebitty
Diode

Default Roberts Radio R505

Hi I’ve inherited my dads R505 radio, but it’s only working when the volume is full blast and vhf but still a weak signal and very crackly, plus Lw and mw has no signal. I’ve replaced the battery and bought an adapter, but both the same situation.

I’ve open it up and gave it a good clean with contact cleaner but still the same. I’m not an electrician so I’m at my limits of fixing it. Does anyone know of someone in Swindon or nearby that could fix it?

My dad died a couple of months ago and I’d like to get it going again.
Morebitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2023, 11:08 am   #2
agardiner
Octode

Default Re: Roberts Radio R505

There are several members on here who can repair this set for you, and it would be worth waiting a week to see if anyone close to you responds. If not, I would be delighted to restore it for you, but you would need to post it to me. PM me if interested.
agardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2023, 9:34 pm   #3
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Roberts Radio R505

I know Adrian and would vouch for his repair capability. If you prefer not to post it and you can drop it off nearby with my relatives in Chippenham tomorrow morning/afternoon they are travelling to me tomorrow evening and can bring it to me to repair.

PM if interested.

Regards
Chris
unitelex is offline   Reply With Quote