UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Oct 2005, 6:44 pm   #1
adibrook
Retired Dormant Member

Default Little Pye radio

Thers a little pocket sized Pye radio in a shop near me.

At first i thought it was a camera, but i noticed the Pye logo and took the leather case off and sure enough it was a radio.

It has two wheels stickign out the side, oen for power/volume and one for tuning. the tunign scale is kind of liek the date indicator on alalogue watches Thers a switch on the back to switch between L and M (LW and MW?)

The leatehr case had a strap and there was a little pouch for it with an earpiece in it. Looked original.

The battery ran on two 1.5v batteries (the owner said either aa c or d)

It's there for 4 quid.

I was wandering. Does anyoen know what radio that is? Is it worth getting? the size makes it look not too old, but the earphoen looks pretty old. What sort of age is it roughly?

It works but only recieves one station and is abit unstable and motorboaty.

Do you think it's worth 4 quid?
Old 5th Oct 2005, 9:19 pm   #2
howard
Nonode

Default Re: Little Pye radio

Hello Adibrook,

Is this the radio - see pic below - if its working and in good condition Id say go for it but if it doesnt work properly then I wouldnt hand over £4 for it !
This PYE Poppet is early 70s, almost mint and works well and with postage cost under £4.

See also the collection of PYE radios at ...
http://www.vintage-radio.com/manufac...nie.shtml#1020

Regards..... Howard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pye.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1624  

Last edited by howard; 5th Oct 2005 at 9:39 pm.
Closed Thread