UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jan 2010, 9:02 pm   #1
valvekits
Pentode

Default El Dorado's valves

Two TV apprentices were fooling around at work one day, when along came the boss and gave them a severe talking to. They were then told to report to the CRT shed where they were given a spade each and instructed to dig a hole about 4’ deep.
After a couple of hours of healthy exercise, they were sent to the stores, where they were instructed to clear the shelves of all Mullard valves.
The hole was then duly filled in with the valves still intact in their boxes because those lazy boys ignored the orders to remove and bin all the packaging, instead taking the easy option of just lobbing everything in.
No explanations were given and none were requested, but from that time on, only Mazda and the occasional Solus valves were available from the stores and a few years later everyone was made redundant.

Around thirty five years later, the shed is no longer there and I’m zooming in on that hole we dug.........

Eddie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf El Dorados valves.pdf (427.9 KB, 185 views)
Old 28th Jan 2010, 10:22 pm   #2
cmjones01
Nonode

Wink Re: El Dorado's valves

Go on then, give us a clue...valve geocaching could be a whole new sport!
Old 28th Jan 2010, 10:34 pm   #3
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: El Dorado's valves

I rember in the sixties we used to play darts in the lunch break and next to the dart board was the valve rack,i was'nt very good at darts, so many valves turned out to be soft ! Happy days, MICK.
Old 28th Jan 2010, 11:40 pm   #4
Michael Maurice

Default Re: El Dorado's valves

I've just been handed a new tool. Its called a shovel, I've been busy digging a very large hole, 6ft deep and I'm putting one thing in it. - This thread!
Closed Thread