UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Mar 2024, 11:14 pm   #1
Northyorks1
Heptode

Default Wanted Grundig 865 / Yacht Boy 210

Has anyone got one of these Grundigs they are willing to part with, in fully working and excellent all round condition. Please PM with details if so, not after anything on the cheap willing to pay going rate for a good example.

Ian
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 10:46 am   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Wanted Grundig 865

You may be aware of this, but the 865 is an export variant of the Yacht Boy 210 made primarily for the North American market. The LW coverage of the Yachtie is replaced by an additional SW band.
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 2:20 pm   #3
Northyorks1
Heptode

Default Re: Wanted Grundig 865

Thanks for pointing that out Paul I did not realise it was an export model. Could you change the title to the Yacht boy 210 please.

Thanks
Ian
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 2:32 pm   #4
paulsherwin

Default Re: Wanted Grundig 865 / Yacht Boy 210

I've never worked on an 865, but as far as I know the YB is identical apart from the power supply and LW coverage. A YB will be much easier to find here in Europe, though 865s do turn up occasionally.

I've changed the title as requested.
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 3:08 pm   #5
Northyorks1
Heptode

Thanks for advice Paul, I had seen an 865 on Facebook in mint condition, but got no reply from the seller when enquiring. Not knowing at the time it was an export model. Either radio will do in excellent all round condition. I am monitoring the usual places as well.

Ian
Old 28th Mar 2024, 1:22 am   #6
Northyorks1
Heptode

Can Mods please close no offers, will continue searching online sites hopefully something will crop up.

Thanks
Ian
Closed Thread