UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Apr 2004, 7:12 pm   #1
johnmarshman

Default ad65 scale repro

chaps,

to assist with the " saucepan special " 2/3-scale ad65 replica project, is there a willing expert out there who could advise on how best to replicate its little legs ?

wood will be the first effort, but is there a better way ?

could wood be used to make some sort of resin copy, if so is this easy and what sort of moulding kit does one buy ?

to clarify matters a little, a woolies saucepan has been sent to a water-cutting place in chesterfield to have the front holes cut.... on reflection plasma cutting might have worked but they have only billed me £58 so i can't complain

a peice of 4" pipe is earmarked to be shaved so as to make the circular snout that sits around the speaker

a pal of mine is going to make a replica dial as best he can on the apple mac - its the circular text which defeats ordinary microsoft tools

if anyone is intruiged by this project i can keep them posted with costs as they arise, and estimated costs for
multiple orders of , for example, the cutting

have looked into turning the thing into a pattern for injection moulding but as you'd expect the costs are silly...at least £6k for the machining of a mould to start with....i am currently trying india and china to see if tooling costs can be lower out there !

incidentally, what is ratio of depth to diameter on the real thing ? i have yet to chop the saucepan to the right depth...

regards john

bond@equipe.fsnet.co.uk

Last edited by Jeremy M0RVB; 2nd Jan 2005 at 12:58 am.

Closed Thread