UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Apr 2020, 11:16 am   #1
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Post Tele-tech/Electronic Industries Magazine

Hello everyone,
I desperately need some help. Does anybody have the copy of "Tele-tech/Electronic Industries" magazine july 1962 issue? I have downloaded this issue from americanradiohistory.com, but the main problem is that there is missing page from 115-118, 116 and 117 no pages are missing. That article is very important for my project and the main 2 pages that describing the circuit diagram are missing. So if anyone in this group luckily have the 1962 july issue of tele-tech/ Electronic Industries without a missing page, please let me know.The name of the article is"design information for regulating and stabilizing HV power supplies" by donald O. Ward.

Thank you all
Old 25th Apr 2020, 1:00 pm   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Tele-tech/Electronic Industries Magazine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-reprin...4AAOSwAL9UkHYS
Old 25th Apr 2020, 4:01 pm   #3
AC/HL
Dekatron

Unfortunately, Bangladesh is in the rather extensive list of excluded destinations.
Old 26th Apr 2020, 4:40 pm   #4
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Thank you all for the help,
It seems the only option to get the print. Can you guys suggest a way to get the print.even scanned copy will be enough for me. I searched all the library but unfortunately found nothing. payment is not a problem ...but it will not arrive to me. I am asking a favour, but afraid to ask that if its allowed in the group. If you people allow me, I will explain it.

Thank you all.
Old 26th Apr 2020, 5:45 pm   #5
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

You could try asking the seller if he'd scan and email the images.

This is a mostly UK forum, so anyone here would have to pay international postage to get it. You might find someone on a US forum more willing to buy it and scan it for you.
Old 26th Apr 2020, 6:04 pm   #6
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Thanks a lot for your suggestion,

I already have contacted with the seller and waiting for his reply. And I know its very awkward to ask.....but I am willing to pay the full payment including the international postage bill. I will do that gladly. If the seller gives negative feedback there will be no other way. Thing is I am with this group for a long time and like the vibe of this group and your friendly and helpful attitude, I dont have someone in US. I am in deep trouble. I trust you people that's why I asked help here. Let's hope for the best.

Thank you .
Old 26th Apr 2020, 6:22 pm   #7
Boulevardier
Octode

It might be worth trying for help in the 'diyaudio.com' forum. This is a US publication, and they have a huge number of US members. Some of them are sometimes very helpful.

Mike
Old 27th Apr 2020, 12:36 pm   #8
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

hello,
I am trying to get help from diyaudio.com. Thanks for your suggestion. I will give you the updates.

Thank you all.
Old 27th Apr 2020, 2:18 pm   #9
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I've bought the paper and I'll scan it all when it arrives and post it here or in my Dropbox, or alternatively I can post it to the OP if he wishes at a later date!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Apr 2020, 3:07 pm   #10
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

@Chris55000 ,so that's you. I checked the listing half an hour ago and its gone.I was so frustrated and afraid. I thought the all the chance of getting that paper is gone. Thanks a lot chris...I tried from my country also to buy it,but because of lockdown now its impossible. I have got no word to thank you .
And I want to express my gratitude to all of the members of this group. The help and support you people give is of beyond compare. Thank you All. And crish if I got any chance,someday I will try to repay you. And will always pray for you. May you and your family get all the happiness and blessing that you need. Thank you all.
rambo1152,AC/HL,OscarFoxtrot,Boulevardier,Chris55000- Thanks for helping this poor guy. Ask me anything or any help, if it is within my capacity I will return the favour for sure.
Old 27th Apr 2020, 3:14 pm   #11
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Actually I am trying to build a regulated power supply that can power som medium power tube whichs plate supply is from 400-1000V. Now most of the regulated supply I read about was covering from 0-300V. This documents explains about how the low voltage regulation technique can be applied to build higher voltage range regulation by modifying the VR tube and reference voltage. I think this document will help a lot of you guys who are trying to built regulated voltage supply of similar range (400-1000)V.
Old 27th Apr 2020, 4:36 pm   #12
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I try and do what I can to assist Members but unfortunately limits on my disposable income limit the amount I can do!

An example in point – there's a few members on the EEV Blog Forum (many members on here also post on it) who badly need a circuit diagram for the GW Instek GOS–6200 200 Mc/s Oscilloscope, the diagrams that have been leaked out of Instek are atrocious and missing part of every page, the only way to remedy this is to buy one and trace out the missing sections, but unfortunately the price of one of these 'scopes is way beyond my pocket money at the moment –GW Instek will not willingly supply a diagram!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Apr 2020, 5:44 pm   #13
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Unfortunately the seller refused to honour my purchase and cancelled the order with no explanation immediately forthcoming!

I will continue to look for a complete copy of this article!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Apr 2020, 6:09 pm   #14
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Hello Chris55000,

I have found a manual of GW Instek GOS–6200 oscilloscope, some of the descriptions are written in chinese but the it seems the circuit diagrams are complete- Channel 1 input coupling
Attenuator circuit,
Buffer amplifier for Channel 1

all necessary components are described in schematics.
I have attached it with this thread, please have a look and let me know that its the right one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GW_gos_6200_200mhz.pdf (1.10 MB, 44 views)
Old 27th Apr 2020, 6:17 pm   #15
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Hello Chris,
What happened? The seller replied to me that he already sold the product. Did you get the refund ? Should I contact with the seller about the explanation? Its very unfortunate.
Old 27th Apr 2020, 6:22 pm   #16
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I checked the list of excluded countries and I'm certain the UK wasn't on his list, and it certainly was shown as available when I tried to buy it about 2h ago?

Chris Williams
Old 27th Apr 2020, 6:55 pm   #17
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Chris,
The listing still shows that the item is been sold. So I think there is hope. I have just checked the listing and contacted the seller also. Otherwise It will be a great loss for you. But don't worry, I will repay your loss for sure.

If you get time please try to contact with the seller also, surely there are some explanation.

thanks.
Old 27th Apr 2020, 7:51 pm   #18
Chris55000
Nonode

H!!

The seller claimed he's refunded me, so I'll see!

What I will try, however, is to contact Mr. Gleeson who runs American Radio History – he's always concerned about missing pages of magazines and he goes to extraordinary efforts to try and locate missing pages or a complete issue!

If any Member finds another source of this for me to help the OP., please PM me – I'd gladly pay for a reasonably priced download!

Chris Williams

PS!

eBay now added a note to say the seller was "out of stock" – if it's relisted again I'll try once more!

Last edited by Chris55000; 27th Apr 2020 at 8:08 pm.
Old 27th Apr 2020, 9:27 pm   #19
Chris55000
Nonode

PS!

Update on this:–

I've sent Mr. Gleeson at A.R.H. a very nice email to make him aware these pages were missing and asked if he can put feelers out!

It is barely possible that the reprint may have already been bought with the idea of adding it to A.R.H. in mind, but so far I've no way of knowing for certain!

Chris Williams
Old 28th Apr 2020, 5:18 am   #20
Chris55000
Nonode

PS!

The GW Instek GOS–6200 circuit attached in post no. 14 is the one my post no. 13 referred to with incomplete scanned pages – as I said it is NOT possible to put the drawings together to make a correct and complete diagram – there is at least two inches missing from the right hand side of every page containing traces of components and connection lines that cannot be identified, and the only way of correcting this is to begin again from scratch with a GOS6200 'scope on hand to physically trace the circuit out again!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 28th Apr 2020 at 5:25 am.
Closed Thread