UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Apr 2019, 8:58 pm   #141
Robsradio
Heptode

Default Re: The demise of the fluorescent tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_VK5TM View Post
And now the LED replacements will double in price as that's all that can be had.

Isn't progress wonderful.
Where I work, we originally had the shop floor fitted with twin 8ft fitting, these lasted for donkey's years and were only replaced for high bay sodium fittings as a 'cost saving' exercise, and in fairness they were reliable and probably did save money, but recently we have gone over to high bay LED fittings and I think already 3 or 4 have failed, probably the PSUs, so in the WEE bin with them and a complete new lamps fitted at heaven knows what cost!
Still, a good source of SMD LEDs from the scrap lamps
Old 15th Apr 2019, 1:19 am   #142
JohnBG8JMB
Pentode

Having scrapped some double 8ft fittings, and 125W tubes, before they go to the tip, what is the inductance of the ballasts [4 per fitting] likely to be? I have thoughts of valve HT smoothing...

John
Old 18th Apr 2019, 11:50 am   #143
hannahs radios
Hexode

I think they are around 4H give or take a bit.
Closed Thread