UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Apr 2004, 6:23 pm   #1
rigsby27
Retired Dormant Member

Default Shifnal Radiophile meet today

Hi all,

I have just got back from the radiophile meet in Shifnal,it was the first I have been to there, I wondered if any members had also attended and what they thought?

Regards,

Tony.
Old 4th Apr 2004, 7:08 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: Shifnal Radiophile meet today

Hello there,
This was my second visit to Shifnal and I thought it was good. Did you stay through the whole of the auction?.
I like the stalls around the edge where I bought several capacitors, dial lamps and a valve based thingy
I also bought a record deck for £1 and got rid of a pye portable set on the bring and buy stall (a very useful stall!!) Well worth the visit (and lunch was tasty and cheap )
Christopher Capener

p.s pity the lights diddn't go out like at Wetwood a few weeks ago
Old 4th Apr 2004, 9:00 pm   #3
Duke_Nukem
Octode

It was quite quiet - there seemed to be half (or less!) the number of stalls than usual. The first time I didn't stay for the auction too - I guess finding material for so many auctions a year must be quite a challenge.

Picked up a few early valve brochures for a reasonable price which I'm please with, and met up with a few people, so yes, worth going but not one of the best Shifnals.

TTFN,
Jon
Old 6th Apr 2004, 5:21 pm   #4
rigsby27
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for the replys,

I did stay untill the end of the auction as, a chap I know (the only person I knew there) was intent on bidding on a Pamphonic amp with it's output valves missing !! (KT66's I think) and it was one of the last lots. So I stayed to give some moral support.
This amp was hiding at the back of the stage and eventually went for £160. I think it was the highest value item all day.
A dealer beat my mate, he said he resells them on the net so I will be looking out on ebay to see what profit he makes.

As it was just down the road from me and I had a read of the sunday papers to kill an hour I was happy I attended, but I dont think I would travel too far for a similar event of this size.I did think the auctioneer was entertaining and kept it all together very well.

Cheers,
Tony.
Closed Thread