UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2020, 7:36 am   #21
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Default Re: Tele-tech/Electronic Industries Magazine

Thanks a lot for you kind support and help chris,
Without your effort, it would be really impossible for me the get that article copy. Lets hope Mr. Gleeson may sort this things out. And its really good to hear that,the seller had refunded.

Thank you all.
Old 28th Apr 2020, 7:50 am   #22
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

@Chris,
Now I see the problem, Now some lab equipment seller in our country sell The GW Instek oscilloscope. I have even seen them personally, not sure about the model. It may be possible for me to get the manual scanned without buying it. But for that I have to do this in person, cos here no deal happens in online, Our country is like 70 years back from yours.And currently due to lockdown, there is very limited movement in road, and everything is closed except medicine store, so to get the manual have to wait a bit,till the "corona" lockdown withdrawn.
Old 28th Apr 2020, 10:16 am   #23
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Member Anik, if there's a chance you'd be able to get to a lab locally to you and borrow a original Circuit Diagram to Scan at some future date that'd be smashing, & I'll reimburse your expenses no problem - it's cheaper than buying a complete 'scope to redraw out!

I shall continue to find some way of getting your missing H.T. PSU design schematics, even if I have to order an extract from a USA Library that has Electronic Industries Magazine archived!

Kind regards,

Chris Williams

PS!

The first part in the May 1962 issue is complete - I've checked it, and the June issue doesn't seem to have it!
Old 28th Apr 2020, 3:48 pm   #24
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

@Chris
Yeah, I am also thinking of doing that ...to go to a lab that use that model and the get the manual scanned and will send you. But Currently our country is in complete lockdown due to covid-19 outbreak. I am inside my home like 18 days continuous. When the lockdown will withdrawn I will run for the manual ..thats for sure.

p.s-Yeah 1st part of the article is complete, then the 2nd part (july 1962) issue,2 main pages are missing where the author describing the practical circuit diagram.
Old 28th Apr 2020, 4:50 pm   #25
Boulevardier
Octode

Just out of interest Anik, did you get any response from diyaudio forum?

Mike
Old 28th Apr 2020, 8:46 pm   #26
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I'm also registered on DIY Audio and I've also requested a copy from the DIY Audio Forum Member concerned, so we'll see!

Chris Williams
Old 29th Apr 2020, 12:47 am   #27
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

It involved a bit of grumpy correspondence to the seller who initially listed it as "USA Buyers Only" but I have finally managed to buy a copy of "Electronic Industries", July 1962 and I will scan and post pages 115 to 118 on here for the OP when I receive it!

Chris Williams
Old 29th Apr 2020, 9:07 am   #28
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

@Chris,
Have you already buy it?.The Idea about get help from diyaudio was really great. Someone was able to get it from the library and emailed it to me last night. I have got the complete 2nd part thanks to all of you people. And Chris ,If you dont finalize the purchase .I will share the documents with you all.
Old 29th Apr 2020, 9:15 am   #29
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

@Boulevardier , yes I got great response and support from diyAudio forum,yous suggestion about the diyaudio forum was really helped me a lot.Thanks a lot sir. One of their group member managed to get the article from the library.Now I got the document. If you all want I will share it to you all. And I am really thankful to all of you guys.

Now I found the answer................Its for all the nice and friendly people like you around the world, the world is still a better place to live.
Old 29th Apr 2020, 9:27 am   #30
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Here is that copy of 2nd part article, for what a lot of struggle happened. And this for you all who need it.
Old 29th Apr 2020, 5:54 pm   #31
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Hello, everyone
@Chris55000, @Boulevardier, are you guys there? Have I done anything wrong..?
The thing is i got the document tomorrow late night, at 3 am.So thought I will give you the update at morning. Today at morning first thing I have done is to inform you guys that I got the help and documents from diyAudio. The time zone difference has created a bit mistiming. Trust me please....I am not that sort of guy who in need will Bragg for help, and when the problem solved then I leave like selfish person. Please dont think of me that way. I will be alawes with you people in need of help. And please forgive me if I hurt your feelings.

I will never forget your kindness and support.
Old 29th Apr 2020, 6:08 pm   #32
Boulevardier
Octode

Don't worry Anik. You've done everything perfectly, and I'm sure no one here is hurt of offended in any way. We got your post this morning, and I'm so pleased that your search was successful (good old diyaudio.com!) and that you've got the document you need.

You'll always be welcome here, so hope we'll see you again soon on the forum!

Mike
Old 30th Apr 2020, 9:00 pm   #33
anikimtiaz1990
Triode

Hello everyone,
Its been really an honor for me to get a chance to interact with you all guys. Today my Father have been tested positive to Covid-19, and there is a fair chance that all the family members including me is infected ,becoz it took very long time to publish the test result. So please pray for my father and my family. And if it become the last message I ask forgiveness to everyone ,please forgive me if I unintentionally hurt or misbehaved with any of you people. I am asking it from my heart
And Thank you all .
Old 30th Apr 2020, 10:40 pm   #34
AC/HL
Dekatron

As you can imagine, it's dominating the news here too. Our best wishes to you and your family.
Old 1st May 2020, 3:46 pm   #35
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I wish your Dad all the best Amik and your family also, and on a technical note, good luck with your high tension PSU!

If you'd like to start a new thread, there's "Homebrew Equipment" you can post it in, and if you like any schematic diagrams redone, post a reasonably clear sketch with all the component values, and you'll get a nice P.W. style diagram with proper "Vintage" style British Drawing Lettering from me!

Chris Williams