UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Sep 2018, 6:01 pm   #1
WaveyDipole
Nonode

Default Lidl Small Parts Organiser

Today, while at Lidl I saw two types of 'small parts organiser', the type of thing with little drawers that would be suitable for component storage. They were priced at £8.99, which is much cheaper than similar offerings I have seen. There were two types: 4 rows of 8 small drawers (32 total) with one large wide one at the bottom, all translucent or; 2 rows of 4 large grey drawers and 8 smaller translucent drawers down the center. I've been hoping to find something like that to organize my electronics hobby area for some time so I picked up 3 of them while they were available.

Just thought I would mention it in case it is of any help to anyone else that might be looking for something reasonably priced to tidy up their component storage.
Old 28th Sep 2018, 6:06 pm   #2

Default Re: Lidle Small Parts Organiser

I have things similar, the best addition is a label printer to make what is in there obvious. Hand writing labels is OK but doing a smart one sharpens the mind and gives a better result both short and long term. I have a Brother 'P-Touch' M95, does a fine job.

Old 28th Sep 2018, 7:48 pm   #3
WaveyDipole
Nonode

Default Re: Lidle Small Parts Organiser

I have had a P-Touch 1000 for a few years now. Not quite as sophisticated as your M95, but I recently got some more tape from a seller on Amazon so I will probably take you up on that suggestion!

Since the link to the online pic at Lidl is now broken, I have attached a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	storage1.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	169997   Click image for larger version

Name:	storage2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	169998  

Last edited by WaveyDipole; 28th Sep 2018 at 7:58 pm.
Old 28th Sep 2018, 10:12 pm   #4
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Lidl Small Parts Organiser

I can heartily recommend these sorts of storage units. We had two revolving towers with drawers for components in the lab, when I worked there. I acquired a somewhat more modest setup for my own parts stash, but it serves me well enough.

It's very nice to be able to lay your hands almost instantly on a particular component.
Old 28th Sep 2018, 11:31 pm   #5
Refugee
Dekatron

I acquired one of those revolving towers and even managed to add an extra level to it.
Aldi also do sometimes have sets of drawers and bins too.
They also sometimes have the label printers too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	170009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	170010  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 10:54 am   #6
Junk Box Nick
Octode

The one on the left in post 3 is identical to the one I got from Aldi earlier this year. Most likely the same supplier.

When I finally sort out my junk boxes I'll have to change my forum name.
Old 29th Sep 2018, 11:32 am   #7
Refugee
Dekatron

They are identical to mine in post#5 except that mine have components in them.
Old 29th Sep 2018, 2:49 pm   #8

Quote:
When I finally sort out my junk boxes I'll have to change my forum name
It will still be junk, just organised junk!

Closed Thread