UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 20th Dec 2011, 8:24 pm   #1
Gi4CZW Cliff
Pentode

Default Creed Desk-Fax

Informed comment required as I have three of these, with transformers, diagrams etc. and can find no recent info on the web. Are they boat anchors or much sought after and very rare items ? They are similar to the Western Union TeleFax and I used them for radio club demo's and exchanging images with a G4_ _ and a GJ8_ _..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0142.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	60111  
Old 21st Dec 2011, 1:23 pm   #2
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

Default Re: Creed Desk-Fax

Information here

(I know you already know this, but it may be helpful to others)

The special paper required for printing may contribute to boat-anchor status :-(
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 10:22 pm   #3
Gi4CZW Cliff
Pentode

Hello OF, The special paper required for printing may contribute to boat-anchor status . Yes the paper used to be available from OZALID, I can't seem to find them on the internet now. So I did a bit of hunting and found a supplier in the US, then another called "computechindia" and then rolls of the stuff in Buckingham.

It's just a wee bit too wide. A trim with scissors would work nicely. So now the "credit rating" (as per EU banking) must now be one notch up to boatanchor+.

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:30 pm. Reason: Aberrent font corrected.
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 8:27 am   #4
julie_m
Dekatron

It sounds like the same principle as the old Sinclair ZX81 / Spectrum printer, but I wouldn't know where to get paper for one of those, either.

Good luck with it!
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 11:37 am   #5
Gi4CZW Cliff
Pentode

Hello AJS, thanks for that, it lead me to http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/r...eripherals.htm, who have a link to http://www.allrol.co.uk/ look like different paper rolls can be got, just need lots of hunting.

Last edited by Gi4CZW Cliff; 23rd Dec 2011 at 11:38 am. Reason: spelling
Old 28th Dec 2011, 10:44 pm   #6
bobsterkent
Hexode

i have some odd paper rolls which might fit these, give me the dimensions you want and i'll have a look for you
Old 29th Dec 2011, 12:36 pm   #7
Gi4CZW Cliff
Pentode

Hm, interesting. PM sent. Cliff.
Closed Thread