UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Apr 2021, 2:46 pm   #1
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Everyday Electronics Magazine Archives

https://worldradiohistory.com/Everyday_Electronics.htm

Quite a good site with all the mags from the era and some very happy reading times during those days and from now on
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 2:59 pm   #2
Keith956
Heptode

Default Re: Everyday Electronics Magazine Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTOR63 View Post
https://worldradiohistory.com/Everyday_Electronics.htm

Quite a good site with all the mags from the era and some very happy reading times during those days and from now on
I remember the other great mag of that time, ETI. I built the 4600 synth in https://worldradiohistory.com/UK/Ele...ay-1974-01.pdf. Took a few years, mainly due to lack of money, and a few bugs in the original design!
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 3:58 pm   #3
HECTOR63
Banned

Wow nice one Keith, Ive always admired Synths etc in music and an absolute wonderous piece of kit to experiment with sound etcI use quite a bit of various things for electronic drums mainly Nord Drum and Roland Octopad etc. Not into the PC stuff and all that Jazz, but its great to sequence with etc and so many bands from the 70s and 80s that used them to very good means.Do you have any pictures that you could provide of the completed unit and its works or has it passed its day now?.

Last edited by HECTOR63; 22nd Apr 2021 at 3:59 pm. Reason: Emoji Error!
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 4:16 pm   #4
Keith956
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTOR63 View Post
Do you have any pictures that you could provide of the completed unit and its works or has it passed its day now?.
Sadly I sold it in about 1980 because I needed the money at the time - these days I wish I hadn't, had done a proper job building it with the front panel pcbs and laced up wiring etc (can't recall but I think Maplin sold all the metalwork and PCBs). Then made a flight case and covered it in black vinyl with corner protectors and all.
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 4:31 pm   #5
HECTOR63
Banned

That's a shame but really good that you undertook such a projectYes i vaguely remember Maplin being quite good in the day to support such endeavours. I remember them when they used to have some fabulous catalogues of components and quite a market blazer in there heyday. But sadly there demise was a great loss to the high st although just like Tandy/Radio shack etc they became less and lees of with components and more retail related. We used to have a fabulous shop here in King Street in Bedfordshire called Hobbs Components for many years and they were superb. But sadly the building after its last part of ownership with Tom passing on it demised into bad repair and had to be semi demolished and revamped into a new retail premises, but non electronic related, but very good memories and much money and time spent down there on a Saturday Morning before going back to college on the Mondays onward studying electronics etc part time.
Closed Thread