UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jun 2014, 4:43 pm   #1
telstar
Octode

Default Radio Waddenzee

Hi. I was really pleased to hear that the Dutch radio station, Radio Waddenzee had returned on 1602 khz m.w earlier this year (probably the most decent station to listen to due to its music mix), but I also heard that they may be closing down due to lack of advertising. Anyone else heard of this?
Old 21st Jun 2014, 9:41 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Radio Waddenzee

I can't receive anything intelligible on that frequency.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 7:27 am   #3
Sideband
Dekatron

Some information in Dutch here. Using Google translate it seems that broadcasting is limited. Are they actually broadcasting from a lightship?
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 5:04 pm   #4
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

Hi telstar,
Radio Waddensee is back on the air (1602Khz) intermittently, and I understand they do actually broadcast from a lightship. If you have poor reception try the web SDR at http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ as it is loud and clear on that (when on the air, of course!) Tony.
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 1:55 pm   #5
telstar
Octode

Hi Everyone. I managed to contact the station, it seems that the information on the internet. about them closing down (due to lack of advertising) was incorrect.
Cheers
Mike
Closed Thread