UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Feb 2021, 8:36 am   #41
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: How To Do a Neat Job With a Point to Point Chassis?

Quote:
What about advice on lengthening leads on transistors satisfactorily?
Short of cutting off the dead Q right under the package leaving the legs soldered to the PCB, then soldering the replacement Q's legs to those I don't see what you can do. It wouldn't be a neat fix but should work ok.

That looks good Doug but think I may stick to paper and pencil,there's something about writing or drawing that fixes the info into the brain, a PC based approach I find doesn't do this. It's the same with reading, my brain is happier with paper, somehow reading off a screen is different. Horses for courses.

Andy.
Old 1st Feb 2021, 2:35 pm   #42
dougietamson
Hexode

Default Re: How To Do a Neat Job With a Point to Point Chassis?

[QUOTE=Diabolical Artificer;1336974]
Quote:

That looks good Doug but think I may stick to paper and pencil,there's something about writing or drawing that fixes the info into the brain, a PC based approach I find doesn't do this. It's the same with reading, my brain is happier with paper, somehow reading off a screen is different. Horses for courses.

Andy.
I use a 30" apple cinema display which is nice n roomy.

I usually don't bother with a layout other than what comes into my head at the time of construction and usually ends up a rats nest but this is my 1st large project I'd like to be nicely laid out.

Doug.
Closed Thread