UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2018, 2:35 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default UNAOHM TV Field Strength Meter

Folks,
Just been given a UNAOHM EP 730 B FM fsm. To my TV ignorant experience, it seems to work OK basically when switching on. No evidence of any physical damage. But I'm reluctant to delve further.
Any info or pdf documentation most welcome please. With a bandwidth of 45 to 860 MHz, I'm guessing this early 21st century item(last tested 2003), could still be used today ?

Regards, David
Old 1st Jun 2018, 2:42 pm   #2
SteveCG
Nonode

Default Re: UNAOHM TV Field Strength Meter

Er, do you mean coverage from 45 to 860 Megs?

It should still work when tuned to the local digital TV multiplexes (470 to 700 Megs) and also digital radio - around about 220 Megs. The precise frequencies depending upon which transmitter is within range.
Old 2nd Jun 2018, 11:12 am   #3
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: UNAOHM TV Field Strength Meter

Yes Steve - coverage bandwidth. Right enough, even just a loose wire connection into the BNC socket, produces a lock-on of sorts in those UHF frequencies on a few channels. But they are too indistinct to identify. Perhaps using a portable booster aerial or connecting it to my chimney's Yagi would produce a much better picture.
However, I'm giving it to a local vintage chum who is a keen TV buff. Had I the Manual, and had learnt that other Forum folk had found an alternative non-TV use for Unaohms, I might have considered using is as some sort of Spectrum Analyser or wavemeter for VHF/UHF signal generators, or Tx's. My Marconi TF 995A/5 AF/FM Sig Gen for example, or Amateur Radio chum's 2m rigs. Just a thought, as it is in too good a nick as a nice piece of test equipment.

Regards, David
Closed Thread