UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2020, 9:09 am   #1
Stuart R
Heptode

Default Retrotech UK - a coach trip from Cambridgeshire?

Hello,

Would any members close to Cambridge like to share the costs of a coach to RetrotechUK in October? Something a little different to look forward to?

There's a small, comfortable coach available for hire locally, it's well suited to a retro event but only has 28 seats. At least there's a good chance we could fill it and if so, estimated cost for hire would be around £25 per person. It's possible to arrange on board catering (at extra cost) which would allow us to arrive and head straight for the bargains rather than the cafe. The coach does have a large boot, but I don't think there's a toilet.

Travel time would be in excess of 2 hours, so in order to start at a civilised time, it's probably not suitable if you like to get there for the Premium Early Entry. We would return home after dark.

Just putting the idea out there, no promises yet. But if anybody wanted to get 'on board' with this, let me know with a Private Message. If we can raise enough genuine interest I will make more enquiries with the operator.

Kind Regards,

Stuart.

I'm not a tour operator and have no connection with the company, other than having a look at the coach and a chat with the driver at a village fair. We need to consider that social distancing could still be an issue and travelling together on a bus may not be the best idea.
Old 21st Apr 2020, 12:21 pm   #2
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Re: Retrotech UK - a coach trip from Cambridgeshire?

Many transport companies also offer smaller buses too.
Closed Thread