UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Sep 2021, 5:40 pm   #1
Jimmy65uk
Diode

Default Goblin 855 Teasmade

Hi folks new here, due to health..doggy ticker seems appropriate..I have decided i need to take things apart to keep my mind working..well if it ever did

I have a broken..well semi broken Goblin 855 Teasmade took pics as i dismantled it like a good boy..then opened up the clock/gearbox box..and the world ended cogs everywhere..would be grateful for any advice..or a diagram or a pic anything on how to put this bl***y thing back together

HELP PLEASE

its the white plastic clock mechcanism not the earlier brass one i think..get me sounds like i have any idea what im talking about
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 10:00 pm   #2
brunel
Heptode

Default Re: Goblin 855 Teasmade

Mike Phelan, wrote this in 2006
Attached Files
File Type: pdf goblin.pdf (369.1 KB, 160 views)
Old 20th Oct 2021, 12:57 am   #3
Peter Hoskin
Diode

Hello Jimmy - At 83 I know your feelings. Have a look at my follow up report further below this entry. I spent a lot of time getting to know the wiring circuit and then removed and stripped the clock. Mine had been operating 24/7 for 35+ years so I did not have high hopes of oiling plastic gears, it did help but not enough. I found replacing the gear trains not too difficult but it was a bit of a juggle to replace the cover as the intermediary group had to be just right. While there I suggest a fine emery clean of the contact points. Setting up those contact points is crucial as described in my report. Good Luck - Peter Hoskin
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 3:38 pm   #4
Robinov
Triode

Reassembling my teasmade 854 but unsure where the red lead from the light connects to. (pulled it off accidentally due to clumsiness)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Question about lamp lead.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	243966  
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 10:28 am   #5
Robinov
Triode

Yes its the white plastic clock I have, not the brass one.
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 12:45 pm   #6
Robinov
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunel View Post
Mike Phelan, wrote this in 2006
I have the 854 model with the white plastic clock, not the one mentioned in the article.
Closed Thread