UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Apr 2020, 6:22 pm   #21
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: How do I get this wheel off my radio tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrun_uk View Post
Never knew the wiper puller tool existed!
There is another common variation on those which also marketed as a car battery terminal puller, example here:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GB126RM

While that one would also have potential uses for pulling flywheels etc off, it has a rather broad end which would probably put pressure on the flywheel rather than on the shaft. But it could find uses elsewhere in our hobby.
Old 2nd Apr 2020, 11:08 am   #22
Emibell
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinrads View Post
Nope ! I still don't get it why removing the flywheel would give you better access , removing the shaft as well maybe. Mick.
I want to see the underside of the pcb and possibly re-solder a joint but I don’t want to totally dismantle the amp.
At the moment the wheel is stopping the back plate moving backwards. If I remove it the back plate will move a little further back as the hole the shaft runs through is a bit oversize. That will allow a little more access. If I wanted to get the back plate off completely there is no way without removing the wheel.
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 1:54 pm   #23
vinrads
Dekatron

Ah! now I understand thank's for clarifying it , did you manage to remove the flywheel yet? Mick.
Closed Thread