UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2021, 5:08 pm   #1
Hepcat1950
Diode

Smile Sobell SG671 loud buzz.

Hi, Newbie here so bear with meI have s Sobell SG 671 and it's been working fine after getting the deck working but all of a sudden developed a very loud buzzing/hum from the speakers in whatever function it's in, it starts off OK but as valves warm up it increases to the point I have to turn off. Could this be a capacitor issue or a valve?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2021, 7:43 pm   #2
Kentode
Octode

Default Re: Sobell sg671 loud buzz.

Welcome to the forum!

This is most likely to be a problem of dried-out electrolytic capacitors. The RER service sheet for this can be purchased from the top of the page, what we need to know is your skillset and equipment level.

Other components will also have to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

BVWS member
Old 13th May 2021, 7:20 pm   #3
Hepcat1950
Diode

Default Re: Sobell SG671 loud buzz.

Thanks Ken, skill set is novice not expert but can handle electronics safely, have most equipment such as circuit test and OK with soldering etc, I have a friend who is an electrical engineer who restores jukeboxes so may get him to do it if I'm unsure, I already downloaded the service sheets from this group a while ago so happy to get what's needed.
Closed Thread