UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2017, 8:20 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Exclamation Jack Jackson on Radio 4 Extra tonight @ 8.30

The programme, which runs for 30 minutes, is titled 'Jack Jackson-Rhythm & Radio Fun Rememberd', was originally broadcast in 2011, but should be worth a listen for those of us who remember 'J.J' ,
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 3:13 am   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Jack Jackson on Radio 4 Extra tonight @ 8.30

As teenagers, my friends and I used to make up our own JJ type programs, using his comedy insert style, via our newly aqquired domestic tape recorders. He was an unlikely experimenter leading to the likes of Kenny Everett and Bob Monkhouse on Radio/TV. Sadly he's not as well remembered as "Round The Horne" which was equally pioneering in it's day.

Dave W
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 10:20 am   #3
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I was a little dissapointed that there weren't more excerpts from JJs shows. Maybe a whole hour could be devoted to some of those, provide enough survive to make such a show practical. Incidentally there was no mention of Adrian Juste, who, a good few years ago now, used to present a similar programme on Radio 1, using comedy excerpts between the records, and, perhaps understanably, no reference to JJs sponsored programmes on R. Luxembourg.
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 9:17 pm   #4
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

There aren't many Jack Jackson shows in Sound Archives and those that are have had the commercial disc extracts removed...I have a couple of off-airs, but these are pretty thin on the ground compared to other domestically recorded stuff.
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 5:24 pm   #5
llama
Octode

Here's one:

https://www.mixcloud.com/RadioActive...w-53mins-1963/

Graham