UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2021, 8:30 am   #1
Tim1961
Diode

Default Seeking someone to repair much loved GEC BC5442

Hi, I'm looking for a local(ish) to Stroud repairer for my 1951 set. It was working fine when I completed my refurbishment of the case, but after I replaced the frayed power lead it now just "hums" and receives no stations on any of the 3 bands. (I think this is a coincidence). I know nothing about radios so am completely stumped. It's a family heirloom which I've owned for 45 years and I'd really like to hear it's mellow tones again! I've procured a complete set of NOS valves just in case, but the rest is original so I think a few other components must have failed. Can anyone help me please? I am prepared to travel with it if necessary.

Tim
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 7:53 am   #2
Tim1961
Diode

Default Re: Seeking someone to repair much loved GEC BC5442

I should have said that whilst I am in Gloucestershire I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance if there is no-one local as I am keen to see this set repaired. (Have family in Manchester and East Anglia)
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 9:42 am   #3
agardiner
Heptode

I would be pleased to restore this for you. Based in East Anglia so you could drop off when visiting. Will PM you.
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 9:44 am   #4
kalee20
Dekatron

I'm in Devon, and while I'm not in a hurry to take something on, it seems you've put some time in on the cabinet; you really want it to work; and you're stymied! I can feel for you...

Let this run for a week. If no other takers and you're happy to bring it to Barnstaple, send me a PM then!
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 5:26 pm   #5
Michael Maurice

I’m in London but go all over the UK repairing and restoring radiograms.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 18th Oct 2021, 10:03 am   #6
Tim1961
Diode

Smile Re: Seeking someone to repair much loved GEC BC5442

Many thanks to those who responded to my request for help. I have now found someone who has agreed to look at the set for me. Tim
Closed Thread