UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 11th Oct 2021, 1:00 pm   #1
Gridiron
Heptode

Default Another Siemens and Halske Telephone

A friend got this telephone at an antiques fair and would like to know more it. In style it is similar to the W28 phone I posted about earlier.
On the base plate is printed "Fg tist 107aa 9Fg Sk 58S 135/1L 9Fg Ms 58S 135/1L 9Fg 23/65 11G2". Looks like someone has modified it, inside was a very old German PP3 battery.
It looks like some kind of a switchboard master phone with extension button, he would like to know how it was used and approximate date.
Thanks, Mike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AGP1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	243133   Click image for larger version

Name:	AGP2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	243134  
Old 11th Oct 2021, 8:16 pm   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: Another Siemens and Halske Telephone

My guess will be an operators phone to an PABX. Looks a little like this:
I have the PABX (not working) but not the phone.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/f...8541#msg248541
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skann_20211005.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	243164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skann_20211005 (2).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	243165  

Last edited by dagskarlsen; 11th Oct 2021 at 8:19 pm. Reason: Adding link.
Old 12th Oct 2021, 9:03 am   #3
Gridiron
Heptode

Thanks for the reply and scans. We would like to know what the switch lever labelled 3 on the illustration is for, it seems to raise and lower the handset cradle. I attempted to translate the text and it came out "Connection Setup Handset decrease Call number the desired station elections "!. I don't know much German.
Also any clues as to date?
Thanks Mike.
Old 12th Oct 2021, 12:06 pm   #4
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Pretty much of my problem too, I have the PABX, and when connecting it to 230V I get the relays act, but not ringing another connection. My guess is that my PABX is from around 1956, based on the date on the transformer pictured.
Old 13th Oct 2021, 4:49 pm   #5
bluepilot
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
We would like to know what the switch lever labelled 3 on the illustration is for,
As far as I can see it switches between internal (Hausverkehr) and external (Amtsverbindung) operation. If for example there is an incoming external call to the main phone which needs to be transferred to an extension then you can switch the switch from Amt (exchange) to Rückfrage (Inquiry) to call the internal extension whilst holding the call.

The golden age is always yesterday - Asa Briggs
Old 14th Oct 2021, 9:32 am   #6
Gridiron
Heptode

At the moment, the switch (which can only be moved in one direction from the vertical) only moves the handset cradle up doesn't affect the contacts, but could have been modified by whoever has rewired the phone underneath.
On the right in the first photos is also what looks like a mechanical supply voltage indicator (Circular with glass).
Closed Thread