UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2012, 7:17 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Eddystone 730/4 Rx

Folks,
Advice sought on the feasability on mating a 730/4 with a marine band HF Tx. The Tx obviously has a Tx/Rx c/o aerial relay. And I'm assuming that the Rx's HT can be sourced & switched externally via the 12 pin Painton Plug on the rear of the 730/4.
A really generous pal has kindly donated a 730/4 to mate with my now rejuvinated & functioning CR Nimbus Tx/Sailor PSU Hybrid.

Regards, David
Old 1st Dec 2012, 10:07 pm   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Eddystone 730/4 Rx

David, yep, certainly feasable.

I would switch the HT feed to the screen supply of the RF section of the RX - this will then go some way to keeping the LO stable, and the AGC able to cope with the changeover switching.

HTH
Sean
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 1:19 pm   #3
David Simpson
Nonode

Many thanks Sean,
I'm a complete novice to Eddystone ownership, but from what other Forum folk have said in their own past posts, plus reading the Manual - stability is the cornerstone of Eddystone circuitry construction. And what a high spec construction they have ! Truely beautiful.
So considering HT switching was a worry. But your advice on the screen supply is most appreciated.

Regards, David
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 3:14 pm   #4
Nymrod121
Nonode

One just gone @ RWB ...
Closed Thread