UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jun 2021, 4:25 pm   #1
PJay1966
Pentode

Default Loose cable in my Hacker GP42

Hi all

I spent today servicing my Hacker and have resolved the failure of the auto mechanism. It works great now! Whilst I was in there I noticed a cable coming from the bolt on the rear of the speaker which wasn’t connected anywhere. I can’t seem to find it on the schematic and wondered if anyone can help me identify it and tell me where it should go?

Here’s a picture and thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4550DA01-AEB7-4E45-876B-B9E420409E70.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	235784  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 5:25 pm   #2
tracypaper
Octode

Default Re: Loose cable in my Hacker GP42

Hi.
It is an earth/Ground and the loose end fits on one of the chassis pins that you will see under the brown capacitor that is under the loose end in the picture, not sure if it is the first pin or second as I don't have a Hacker here at the moment, but you should be able to work it out looking at other wires connected to the other pins.
Hope this helps.
Gaz.
Old 12th Jun 2021, 7:19 pm   #3
PJay1966
Pentode

Thanks Gaz. I’ve had a quick look couldn’t see it but I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.
Old 13th Jun 2021, 11:18 pm   #4
tracypaper
Octode

Hi.
You can see a spare pin in the picture you posted. it is under the bend of the twisted white and yellow wire and the two other white wires.
Gaz.

Last edited by tracypaper; 13th Jun 2021 at 11:19 pm. Reason: Added more detail.
Old 16th Jun 2021, 4:44 pm   #5
PJay1966
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracypaper View Post
Hi.
You can see a spare pin in the picture you posted. it is under the bend of the twisted white and yellow wire and the two other white wires.
Gaz.
Yep got it all fixed today, I managed to also repair the faulty on/off volume pot as well so my GP42 is working great now! It was a matter of removing the aluminium screening collar and giving it a good blast of Servisol. I also noticed that the collar was impeding the switch mechanism there is a little tab that sticks out of the side of the pot when the switch is operated, the collar seemed to be stopping it from working properly. Replaced it a tad looser and all is well!
Closed Thread