UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2021, 9:24 pm   #1
Cruisin Marine
Heptode

Default Books and Magazines section?

I have recently bought some amazingly interesting radio related books, and wonder if a section should be added for that that still like the old Paparyus form of reading?
Old 16th Apr 2021, 9:10 am   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Books and Magazines section?

After a discussion between the Forum owner and the Mods it has been decided not to add an additional section dedicated to books.

Books can be discussed within their relevant sections already.

This is a better way of dealing with the subject matter since some books cover many different areas of this forum.

Like many here I have a large library of books on wireless and associated subjects some are still relevant whilst others look dated. There is always at least one to hand I can read.

Good luck and I am sure we will hear some gems in due course.

Cheers Mike T
Old 16th Apr 2021, 10:04 am   #3
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Books and Magazines section?

Mention of a book in a forum section can also refer to the appropriate part of the book, and perhaps also refer to related information in multiple books. This makes life easier for readers. It also means that you don't have to keep a regular eye on a books section to check there isn't also something there as well as in the relevant section.

It's a bit more work for the poster, but less work for the reader. But then things are posted once and read many times.

David