UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2012, 6:38 pm   #1
RobinBirch
Hexode

Default Eddystone 348X

Dear All,
I've just aquired a pretty complete 348X with all of the coils (10) Going by the serial numbers they are for a different set but they are the correct coils.

It needs some parts, advert in the bits wanted section, and I have some questions.

It has been repainted at some stage, not a bad job, just wrong.........

Does anybody know the correct colour for the grey that they were originally painted in and whether or not it is still available?

Kind regards

Robin
G5HI
Old 15th Nov 2012, 7:49 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Eddystone 348X

Hi Robin. I presume that's a typo and you mean 358X! Had one of these years ago in "battleship grey" which seemed to be the standard colour re any I saw over the years or on-line subsequently. I sold it in the mid sixties but was sorry later. Fast forward and I was offered one by a Forum member a few years ago. When it arrived [and to my great surprise] it was in a "soft" black finish with chromed bits. Maybe the it's Rolls Royce version. Hope that helps you a little.
Dave W
Old 15th Nov 2012, 8:06 pm   #3
Alistair D
Nonode

I have one in the attic awaiting some TLC. The front of mine has been painted black. It seems to been very well done.

Al
Old 15th Nov 2012, 8:58 pm   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Mine is "Battleship Grey" .Know it should be in wanted but i have only one coil! Would love more.
Old 16th Nov 2012, 10:37 am   #5
RobinBirch
Hexode

Thanks guys, Looking at the bits that didn't get painted it should be a grey of one form or another - yeah, type 358X

Now to find the parts I need......

Robin
Old 19th Nov 2012, 4:56 pm   #6
RobinBirch
Hexode

I've tracked down a PSU, now need the plug.................
Closed Thread