UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2011, 3:25 pm   #1
2E1CIH Mike
Triode

Default Marconi CR300/100

Hi,

I'm in the early stages of restoring a Marconi CR300. I have been looking for a second CR300 to use as parts, and as a reference when I dismantle the more intricate parts.

I'm finding the CR300 to be fairly rare and wondered what the extent is, of similar parts.....valves, switches, IF coils etc etc (I also need an RIS socket)?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks.....Mike
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 4:59 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi CR300/100

Hello Mike, I have a CR300 on the bench at the moment, if you want to compare notes etc feel free to ask, for some reason the RIS socket is not listed in the parts section (Plug is: AM type 229. ref. 10H/528)

Lawrence.
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 6:56 pm   #3
2E1CIH Mike
Triode

Hello Lawrence,

Many thanks for your kind offer.

I've only just removed the case and my time is limited until the Xmas break, so I'm not at the point yet where having a second set would be useful. It's reassuring to know I could contact you if I get stuck in the future though....Much appreciated!

If I can't find another CR300 fairly soon, I'll try using photographs to give me added confidence. I have a schematic also.

Do you know if the CR100 is similar enough to be of use in the restoration of a CR300?

Thanks again....Mike
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 9:08 pm   #4
ms660
Dekatron

Hello Mike, there might be some component similarity between the CR300 & the CR100, though I can not say for sure.
The CR300 is quite a basic receiver apart from having the different IF frequency on band 1 & 4, there is no xtal filter for CW just the band pass filter in the audio which when tuned correctly works very well for an audio CW filter.

Lawrence
Closed Thread