UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2021, 10:27 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Unknown Component Reference Numbers!

Hi!

Is there any way of determining, in the absence of obvious markings on the chassis/components themselves, what component reference numbers were used on chassis or wiring mounted parts?

I ask in connection with my forthcoming Cossor CDU130 manual project, where there is no parts list, drawings or any other maker's original information that might have offered clues? – I cannot locate a CDU130 book (even part of one) anywhere for any sum of money!

Obviously the three PCBs themselves have references that can be used, but there are still several rotary–wafer and slide switch assemblies on the front panel, chassis–mounted parts, diodes, resistors and capacitors, etc, connected to tagstrips.

Any suggestions?

(Some of the component types, but not all by any means, can be identified with the aid of the CD110 & manual, and copying part numbers over from the CDU110 book where the CDU130 has the same type of part, e.g., a front–panel slide switch)

Suggestions?

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 12th Sep 2021 at 10:32 pm.
Closed Thread