UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2020, 12:11 am   #1
tubeless
Triode

Default How to connect a turntable to my old radio?

Need some advise here, My radio has a phono plug with three inputs, right one is shorted with the center square one and the right one is isolated from the other two. How can i connect my rca cable and since there is no phono switch in this radio is it going to play over the radio band when i connect it?
Is there a special plug for those old radios and how i can find one?
Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	127211616_379792536669623_8063505910396442639_n.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	221262  
Old 26th Nov 2020, 1:22 am   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: How to connect a turntable in my old radio

The socket looks like the peg inserted in the centre hole would operate a switch to disconnect the detector output from the audio amp input. The outer two electrical sockets will be signal and ground connections for the pickup input.

It would be interesting to know the make and model of the set- the connectors have a Philips kind of feel to them.....
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread