UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2020, 4:49 pm   #1
Alistair D
Nonode

Default Beamec Series 2

From my collection of test equipment manuals this is the combined user and technical manuals for the Grunther Beamec Series 2 tube tester and re-conditioner.

The original document that it was created from had page 5 of the technical section missing. If anyone has a copy of that page I would be grateful for a copy of it.

Al
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beamec_Full_Manual.pdf (1.00 MB, 110 views)
Old 20th Nov 2020, 8:01 pm   #2
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Beamec Series2

Alistair, i went upstairs, found my instruction book and set it on the scanner ready to scan. However, before scanning, I checked to see if your numbering included cover etc.. However, I only had the INSTRUCTIONS. thanks to you I now have the full manual (minus p. 5). So, thanks, but I can't help.
Les.
Old 20th Nov 2020, 8:32 pm   #3
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Beamec Series2

I have just looked at the circuit, but will need to read the whole manual thoroughly to digest it completely.
Years ago I was getting my colour CRTs regunned by a company in the Cradley Heath area. Unlike a re-gunner local to me, they seemed much more professional and seemed to know what they were talking about. (I know, you should expect that from ANY professional, but how often is it lacking?)
Anyway, they told me they used a number of these Grunthers for testing all their tubes, and very instructive it was listening to the processing done on the sealed up glass tube. They suggested it was the best available tester. Black and White only, but they modified for their needs. Years later, I obtained one, but the need for it passed me by, and I must have sold it before I moved here 30 years ago. I like to think that my own designed and built tester is far better than many of the ones available decades ago. I wish I had had the Grunther when I was developing mine. It would have been different, and likely better.
I had odd scraps of info on a tester incorporating a thyratron, and now I can see the circuit.
Les.
Old 21st Nov 2020, 1:00 pm   #4
Alistair D
Nonode

Default Re: Beamec Series 2

Using the original schematic I found it quite difficult the understand just how each function worked. In the end I took a bit of time to produce the individual schematics that are attached to the end of the manual.

There is a very minor error in the index that points those diagrams but have not corrected it. I was hoping to do that when page 5 appeared.

I did have a lead to another copy of the manual and one for another Grunther instrument but alas my efforts to contact the owner fell through. Perhaps he will read this and get in touch.

Al