UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Sep 2022, 4:59 pm   #1
jimscoper
Triode

Default Tektronix 567 video waveform monitor

for my sins I have one of these - the squarish version rather than the flattish 19" rack version.

I have a problem with the Y amplifier and suspect one or more transistors. But they are in sockets and very very awkward to get at. I pulled two and found their hfe was down in the 10 region. But I am not sure I have - or can - get the replacements back in properly. Access is limited by the tube/shield and output bottles.

Any ideas on how to get the entire tube+shield assembly out? Or I will have to go for another fancy surgical forceps.

rgrds all
Old 24th Oct 2022, 5:44 pm   #2
6AL5W-Martin
Hexode

Default Re: Tektronix 567 video waveform monitor

hello Jim,

567 is the most cute Tek ever, a Sampling system with nixie readout, build for UHF input.
I think you mean another Tek scope, not the 567

Martin
Old 24th Oct 2022, 6:46 pm   #3
factory
Octode

Must be one of the waveform monitors listed here: https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Catego...eform_monitors

Maybe the 529?, that one is a hybrid of solid & hollow state components.

David

Last edited by factory; 24th Oct 2022 at 6:52 pm.
Old 24th Oct 2022, 7:10 pm   #4
6AL5W-Martin
Hexode

wellenkno at the makerfaire hannover 2017,
Tek 567 , own and restorated by Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7914a.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	266761  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 10:47 am   #5
jimscoper
Triode

My apologies everyone. Mine is a 529, sadly not a 567....

Problem largely solved. But a curious thing is that the Y amplifier is valve/transistor hybrid but not entirely as per schematic. The X timebase is entirely transistor which is definitely not to the schematic. Except for the EHT output valve which is ECL85 or US equivalent which is to diagram but the EHT rectifiers are semiconductors rather than valve as per diagram. Still, parts are marked 1967 so a time of change possibly.

The Y amplifier has a mixture of USA and UK transistors - BC108 and AF118. The tube is in a big shield and is sandwiched between the Y chassis and the X chassis making access 'a bit tight!'.
Closed Thread