UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jan 2023, 2:09 pm   #41
knobtwiddler
Octode

Default Re: RS New Handling Charge

It is worth noting that RS use DHL.'Parcel', which is not the same operation as DHL Express. DHL Parcel is what became of UK Mail. It has gotten better since DHL took it over, but as with all couriers, you'll find the work ethic of your local driver will have a large impact.
Old 8th Jan 2023, 6:43 pm   #42
duncanlowe
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aub View Post
Are we still talking about handling charges or postage? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks

Aub
TBF they usually get rolled in to one charge.
Old 8th Jan 2023, 9:15 pm   #43
Boulevardier
Octode

Another question - do you cop any handling charge if purchasing from one of the RS Counters? Do you need a trade account to use one, or can you just wander in?
Mike
Old 8th Jan 2023, 11:23 pm   #44
JonSnell
Hexode

The £20 CPC minimum order charge is around the cheapest but as said earlier, RS Trade accounts get guaranteed next day delivery, Mouser delivered an output transformer for an amplifier I was refurbishing. They said it was in Washington ... I though Mouser GB = probably Tyne and Wear, UK but it was delivered within 48 hours from Washington State US at no charge for delivery.
Why is it quicker to send a package from the USA, Germany, Sweden or even China than to receive a package from RS?
I ordered some components from one of my suppliers in Shenzen on a Friday afternoon. It was delivered Monday morning by FedEx. It cost £7.98 for the service.
Why can't our postal service do the same or better? Rant over.
Old 13th Jan 2023, 10:08 pm   #45
duncanlowe
Nonode

Have been impressed with Rapid. £30 minimum order, I know. But delivered by DHL (the normal one) less than 24 hours from order. I'd been planning to buy a few CR2032 batteries locally to tide me over but the order arrived quicker than I could have got to the shop.
Closed Thread