UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jan 2014, 12:35 pm   #1
newlite4
Octode

Default New vintage radio shop - Bristol

One of our painters who has an interest in vintage radio told me this morning that he had recently visited a vintage radio shop in Kingswood (High Street?) Bristol. He said that it was stocked with a good quantity of desirable radios. Is anyone on the Bristol scene able to confirm this?
Neil
Old 13th Jan 2014, 3:22 pm   #2
wartime sounds
Tetrode

Default Re: New vintage radio shop - Bristol

Hi Neil,

Was up Kingswood High St last weekend and did not see anything but have to go there again possibly next weekend and definitely will have a good look for you and report back.

Peter

www.wartimesounds.co.uk
Old 13th Jan 2014, 4:13 pm   #3
newlite4
Octode

Good luck Peter, it is supposedly just as you are coming out of St George into Kingswood near the Bank, it could be owned by someone that we know.
Neil
Old 15th Jan 2014, 5:19 pm   #4
mole42uk
Nonode

I'll have a look next time I'm up there - shame, I was close to Kingswood today but didn't know there was anything to look for!

Richard
Old 15th Jan 2014, 8:01 pm   #5
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

I was in Kingswood the other day but did not notice it. I will take a look over the next few days and report back.
Old 15th Jan 2014, 8:23 pm   #6
Reelman
Octode

Bristol.....That sounds very much like Tudor Rees' territory (Vintage Radio Company?) wonder if it could be him?

Peter
Old 15th Jan 2014, 8:34 pm   #7
evingar
Octode

Unlikely :-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=65683
Old 15th Jan 2014, 8:36 pm   #8
ReelToReel
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Peter, I think Sadly Tudor passed away some time ago

Cheers Mark
Old 15th Jan 2014, 11:25 pm   #9
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

That's correct, he died a few years ago. I was in touch with a Forum member recently who now lives in Bury, my home town but is ex-Bristol. We both recalled having met him and visited his shop[1982 in my case]. He was a bit of a pioneer in this game!
Dave W
Old 17th Jan 2014, 10:41 pm   #10
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

Hi I went for a walk today and found the shop. It has no signage up just a window of old radios. The address is 241 Two Mile Hill and is owned by a Mr Ken Harvey. I arrived as he was just closing so he was in a bit of a hurry but he told me that this was his old TV repair shop and once he has repaired and cleared his old stock of old radios he will close up shop and retire.
Old 19th Jan 2014, 6:33 pm   #11
kalee20
Dekatron

So, what radios and TV's does he have then? I have just Google Mapped it, can see a Cossor table radio for starters...
Old 24th Feb 2014, 2:23 pm   #12
knightley
Retired Dormant Member

Default Radio Shop, Kingswood, Bristol

Just been in to see Ken Harvey. He is only open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and most Fridays. He closes for lunch. He was there today decorating the flat above ready for selling later in the year. Anyone want to buy a radio repair shop?

Back of shop is his workshop with loads of test gear including a Mullard valve tester.

He intends to retire by the Summer and has quite a few old radios for sale. if not sold by then he will put them into auction.

I don't know what old radios are worth, but I can't remember any that were more than £100 and most were £75 or less. All the priced up ones are in working order.
Closed Thread