UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2014, 10:15 pm   #1
John_BS
Octode

Default 3W LED inspection lamp "JANSJÖ"

Had the misfortune of taking a trip up the Purley Way this week, and during a mandatory 3-mile hike through Ikea, stumbled upon two flavours of miniature desk-lamp: one which clamps on the edge of the bench, and one free-standing on a cast-iron base. The goose-neck on the free-standing version is quite long, and for a tenner they seem to offer good value. The LED is lens-focused, so quite bright.

John
Old 17th Jan 2014, 10:44 pm   #2
Silicon
Nonode

Default Re: 3W LED inspection lamp "JANSJÖ"

Does it use a switched mode power supply and does it produce lots of RF interference?
Old 18th Jan 2014, 12:03 am   #3
John_BS
Octode

Quote:
Does it use a switched mode power supply
Yes: small brick.

Quote:
does it produce lots of RF interference?
Well, some, but not at the level where it wipes out reception. There's some impact on the noise-floor of a transistor radio placed a few inches away, but nothing disastrous.

John
Old 18th Jan 2014, 1:38 am   #4
MrElectronicman
Heptode

These things are great!, I now have a number of them around the house and in my workshop, the earliest one I have is about 2 years old now and is on more than 12 hours a day every day.

The only thing that has happened to it is that the lens fell off one day, but a spot of crazy glue fixed that.

Never found any RF interference from it either

One thing I've found with them is that the switches are a bit flakey, so I had to change a couple. I tried using the push-on/push-off type but they were not any better, so a miniature toggle switch appears to be the best bet