UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 18th Nov 2013, 2:46 pm   #1
Rob Chester
Retired Dormant Member

Default HMV 370 any restorers in Yorkshire?

Hello.

Just bought an HMV 370. Plugged it in but it was quite dead. I would love to get it going again and don't want to put a modern player and tuner in it. I don't have the knowledge or experience to do it myself so can anyone recommend a restorer in Yorkshire? I have tried looking on the web, but have drawn a blank. Any help much appreciated.

Rob
Old 18th Nov 2013, 6:04 pm   #2
maninashed
Rest in Peace

Default Re: HMV 370 any restorers in Yorkshire?

Hi Rob, that radiogram was made in the mid 1930s and I know curiosity often gets the better of us, but you shouldn't really be plugging it in. When you do, you risk causing a lot of expensive damage to parts that are very difficult to repair or obtain. So please don't plug it in again until its been checked out by someone who really understands these things and can treat it sympathetically. It can be restored, but depending on the extent of the restoration, and cabinet work needed it could work out expensive.
Bill
Old 18th Nov 2013, 8:49 pm   #3
vinrads
Dekatron

I am in Chesterfield not to far from south Yorkshire and willing to take on the job. Mick.
PM sent.
Old 19th Nov 2013, 7:51 pm   #4
Valve'n'vinyl
Pentode

My friend can possibly restore for you and lives in Nafferton, Right on your doorstep
Closed Thread