UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Sep 2023, 2:41 pm   #1
Phil__G
Octode

Default LCDS software

Is anyone aware of any programs or demos that run under the original NS Kitbug please?
Anything at all? I've tried but cant find anything significant.

The reason I ask is that I'd pondered shuffling KB+ so the major calls are at the 'standard kitbug addresses' but if theres no software theres no advantage.

There is a precedent, the 'fixed' Kitbug (without the "bit 7 set" bug) didnt preserve the original PUTC address

If there is no software out there, ie nothing that relies on the original Kitbug addresses, then the plan is to give KB+ a call-table in low memory so future monitor additions wont affect system calls

Because its grabbed my interest, I'll continue to tinker and add to KB+, and it would be nice if routine addresses didnt change on every release.

Cheers
Phil
Old 22nd Oct 2023, 5:07 pm   #2
Realtime
Hexode

Default Re: LCDS software

Hi Phil, is there a concise list of the Kitbug+ routines and their addresses/parameters? I know where PUTC and IPRINT are located, but if I want to dump memory contents on a detected runtime error is it just a case of setting P2 with the address and calling DUMP?

I'm quite enjoying this new fangled KitBug thing
Old 22nd Oct 2023, 6:41 pm   #3
Phil__G
Octode

Default Re: LCDS software

Its P1 Ian but the problem is when its done 8 lines it jumps to the monitor command loop, so if its called from an external program it wont return to it
Cheers
Phil
Closed Thread