UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Oct 2020, 11:48 pm   #21
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: What are the best pliers?

What charity shops do you go in!
I never find anything like that. It's all hideous 70's china, New Seekers LP's and Jigsaws round here.
The car boots are rubbish as well. Any good stuff seems to command good prices, so much so it's hardly cheaper than a new whatever it is.
Old 19th Oct 2020, 12:25 am   #22
Boulevardier
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
What charity shops do you go in!
I never find anything like that. It's all hideous 70's china, New Seekers LP's and Jigsaws round here.
The car boots are rubbish as well. Any good stuff seems to command good prices, so much so it's hardly cheaper than a new whatever it is.
Agreed - the charity shops in Bristol are just the same. I'm baffled when forum members talk on here about their radio and amplifier finds in their local charity shops. I'd like to know where all that stuff gets to around here!

Mike
Old 19th Oct 2020, 1:11 pm   #23
TowerRadio
Hexode

Charity shops seem to have cottoned on to the fact that British made tools can command a good price.Car boots are far more likely to have that elusive bargain tool but they usually require a good clean-up.Pannier markets in Devon have provided me with some well made tools,but rusty. Les.
Old 20th Oct 2020, 3:41 am   #24
TonyGrim
Triode

Weller Erem are very good. I have a couple of their side cutter models and they are beautiful (if a little expensive). For long nose look at their

https://www.weller-tools.com/profess...+series/2411PD

Very nice.

Tony
Old 20th Oct 2020, 11:29 am   #25
loulou31
Tetrode

Yes I confirm that Erem ( I discovered that now is Weller-Erem) are very good.... but also very expensive.
I bought two : one cutter and one plier when I started training electronics at school ( long time ago!) and I have still them in my toolbox.

Jean-Louis
Closed Thread