UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Feb 2021, 5:44 pm   #1
gobbyone
Diode

Default Philips N4450 fast rewind problems

I have a philips N4450 tape recorder that was given to me by a friend. It's in really good condition. The belts were replaced before they disintegrated. My problem is it doesn't matter which fast forward or rewind button I press, it just fast forward. I? have replaced all the germanium transistors, checked all the diodes. Swapped the flip-flop boards and the tape tension boards. It will just not fast rewind. Any ideas?:
Old 9th Feb 2021, 8:17 pm   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Philips N4450 fast rewind problems

What happens if you put the machine into REW with no tape on it?

Does the left hand spool turn? You will need to look at what is happening at the input on Tension Board?

Do you have the manual, if not you should download it.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Closed Thread