UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2021, 6:05 pm   #41
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Hazeltine 1421. Now offered FOC.

Angela - thanks for this update several days ago.

Unless there are moves taking place behind the scenes it doesn't look as though any of our small group here are close enough to you to rescue that terminal, as much as we would like to.

I've signposted this thread over on the VCFED vintage computer forums which I mentioned earlier in the thread, just in case there is someone local to you who hangs out over there.
Old 29th Oct 2021, 8:26 pm   #42
Timbucus
Octode

Yes it seems so - whatever happens though do not dispose of it - somehow we will find someone who can collect and store and arrange to get it to someone who can repair for donation to one of the national museums who I am sure will accept it.
Old 30th Oct 2021, 1:13 pm   #43
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

I have ironically just had a message from SWMBO informing me that she is on her way to, guess where, Portsmouth - but she's in company, not in her own car, it's not a school day and to be honest I would not ask her to transport this particular item in the condition it's in.

Pity though.
Old 30th Oct 2021, 10:47 pm   #44
Slothie
Octode

If this was 2 1/2 years ago I'd be in the car getting it lol. I've always wanted a serial terminal. Not that I really have anywhere to put it at the moment....
Old 30th Oct 2021, 10:50 pm   #45
Timbucus
Octode

I would have as well if I didn't already have a H9 on its side on my Dining table shouting at me to fix it every time I go for a cup of tea... I may still yet do so though rather than see it dumped.
Old 1st Nov 2021, 7:12 pm   #46
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Well, if any of you are genuinely thinking of mounting a rescue it might be wise to contact AngelaD via email as she suggested in #40 - she may not necessarily return to read this thread, but it looks as though she's enabled contact via email through the forum.
Closed Thread