UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Oct 2022, 10:42 am   #1
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Kenwood Gourmet A532 push-in feet

Perhaps this should be in 'modern technology' depending on one's perspective!

My mother's Gourmet has just had a new belt, and I noticed its feet have decayed into semi-solid goo. I found one source of new feet, Electrical Sales of Colne, but unfortunately theirs are the right shape but too small as in the picture. I've spoken to them (very helpful) and that's all they've had for this model and now they're unobtainable as it's so old.

I've trawled the usual suspects for larger push-in feet with no luck, and thought I'd ask here for further suggestions before bodging something together.

The hole that the push-fit stem goes through in the casing is 5/16".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220912_172046.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	265677  
Old 5th Oct 2022, 12:40 pm   #2
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Kenwood Gourmet A532 push-in feet

I've looked in the wholesaler's catalogue under the A532 gourmet and they have a picture of them but showing as 'No Longer Available'.
They look like a 2-part thing with a sort of push-in rivet in the middle that expands them and locks them into place.

I've seen these on several things over the years but mainly on pro audio stuff such as mixing desks. I'm not sure that's much help!
Old 5th Oct 2022, 12:51 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

In the past I have used the rubber 'bumpers' used on the corners of some car bonnets. The ones I remember had an 8mm diameter spigot.
Old 5th Oct 2022, 1:14 pm   #4
McMurdo
Dekatron

Have a look at these, made by Richco (essentra). You can buy them on ebay.

https://www.essentracomponents.com/en-gb/p/rivet-feet
Old 5th Oct 2022, 1:18 pm   #5
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

I think that's the other type, McMurdo. I was orginally sent some white things rather like you describe (top left of the picture), but I guess from another variant as they're not what's on here at the moment and don't fit the holes. The Kenwood Chef I have had hammer-rivet feet where the rivet is bashed through the rubber piece into the casting. Edit: crossed with your second post. I see one of those has a big enough hole specification - I think I'll give it a go!

Thanks G6Tanuki - that's worth following up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220912_172038.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	265681  
Old 5th Oct 2022, 10:06 pm   #6
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Could you possibly beef up the thickness of the grommet lip of the ones that are too small, by winding them with some self-amalgamating tape?

SA tape is incredibly useful for all sorts of stuff.
Old 6th Oct 2022, 10:32 am   #7
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

A nice idea rambo1152 - however the ones I got sent are so small that the largest diameter is about the size of the hole! I've got a couple of McMurdo's Essentra rivet feet on order as samples...
Closed Thread