UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Oct 2020, 4:40 pm   #101

Default Re: Phono Stage Recommendations

Quote:
as a crude but effective High pass filter
Not crude at all, maybe not what is wanted but perfectly definable. Simple it is, as Audiophools like simple, wonderful!

Old 22nd Oct 2020, 2:33 pm   #102
gramophone1
Pentode

The turntable is an audio technica direct drive type. The cause of the rumble is from defects in the vinyl. It is sitting on a standard glass shelf hifi stand, and glass rings like a bell. So I placed a wooden board under the turntable, which has stopped the ringing. This has also reduced the rumble as well, which is a bonus.

I am just not going to worry about it. The rumble only happens when I play certain records. It is a defect of the manufacturing process.

Last edited by gramophone1; 22nd Oct 2020 at 2:54 pm.
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 10:26 pm   #103
Radio Wrangler

This thread seems to have run out of RIAA stage suggestions and settled into a discussion of rumble. So, as a fellow moderator would put it, it's time for the leadout groove.

David