UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Mar 2023, 2:02 pm   #1
Derminator
Pentode

Default 50's EMI amp for possible guitar amp conversion?

Hi All,
I would like to bring this amp back to life albeit repurposed as it has languished far too long unused. I need help though. I haven't been able to find a schematic for it. There are actually two units both with the original 13x8 EMI speakers in large heavy cabinets. Would these make good guitar amps?
Old 12th Mar 2023, 2:37 pm   #2
peter_sol
Octode

Default Re: 50's EMI amp for possible guitar amp conversion?

That is strange that it has 4 EL84 valves.
I wonder if they are tape recorder amps.

You need to tell us the model number of both the power and pre amps.
Old 12th Mar 2023, 2:51 pm   #3
Derminator
Pentode

Default Re: 50's EMI amp for possible guitar amp conversion?

The units feature in this thread from a number of years back. Capitol RS100/1 and/2 are the model numbers on the cabinets but I can't see individual model numbers on the pre and power amps. They were originally sold with an EMI tape deck I believe but this was absent when I acquired them.
Closed Thread