UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Mar 2023, 10:50 pm   #21
Realtime
Hexode

Default Re: MK14 Alternative VDU concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
You realise you're now the most prolific coder of full programs / applications for the MK14 since whoever put the original programs for the user manual together?
Merely standing on the shoulders of giants, but having fun too.

Quote:
I have no idea what it is you have in the pipeline but I think the pixel graphics mode of the VDU would lend itself quite well to a version of the PONG game as presented on the AY-3-8500 based 'TV game' consoles.
Pong is, in fact, on my list of potential programs. What’s cool about the AY-3-8500 is that the displayed objects move at pixel and line resolution increments, so move very smoothly. The MK14 vdu’s pixel resolution is 4x that (I think?) so would look a bit blocky by comparison, but that’s no reason not to give it a go.
Old 6th Mar 2023, 11:09 pm   #22
Realtime
Hexode

Default Re: MK14 Alternative VDU concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby123 View Post
Well, when I looked at the 3rd image, I immediately thought 3D Monster Maze !
Ok so who let the cat out the bag ? . Yes, I’m working on a 3d maze game. It started out as a demo for the pixel and line drawing routines I was creating (part of a graphics library I mentioned at some point) but also turned out to be a useful debugging tool for some of the problems I was having with RealView memory corruption. I sent a version to Coolsnaz2 to use as a test bed. When I saw the photo I wondered who would be the first to spot it. It wasn’t intended to be 3D Monster Maze but it‘s using the same perspective algorithm so looks very similar. I’ve got to the point of being able to navigate through a maze but now very short on free RAM. Maybe it can be the first application for ChrisOddy‘s MK14E with its multiple RAM pages?
Closed Thread