UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Nov 2022, 8:33 pm   #1
Dandess
Diode

Default Grundig TK24

I have a Grundig TK24 reel to reel tape recorder/player. I have had it from new but it has been in store in a very dry place for some years. I retrieved it recently and wanted to play some of the old music tapes that I recorded. Plugged it in and switched it on but no power. Replaced plug fuse but still no power. No apparent damage externally. Where should I start in trying to get it working? David
Old 24th Nov 2022, 8:45 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Grundig TK24

Hello and welcome to the forums.

This recorder has an internal fuse in addition to that in the plug.

Service data is available here:-

https://www.service-data.com/product...8/12376/m18758

What's your skill level and what test equipment do you have?

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 25th Nov 2022, 1:08 am   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes normally 2 internal fuses, one for the incoming AC mains voltage supply and one for the transformer supplied AC voltage to the bridge rectifier that produces the DC HT voltage.

If fuses are OK then check fuse holders, they can get heavily corroded and have high resistance contact with the fuses and also check that the fuse holder sprung contacts have not splayed open.

David
Old 25th Nov 2022, 1:27 am   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Depending upon the build variant one of the internal fuse holders may be an enclosed fuse holder with screw cap.

David
Old 25th Nov 2022, 4:30 pm   #5
DMcMahon
Dekatron

First photo shows the internal mains 400mA fuse in enclosed fuse holder in top left corner, second photo shows the HT 100mA fuse in open fuse clips in top right corner.

Some variants may have both fuses in open fuse clips, either together or in separate areas, normally on the top side but could also be on the underside.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mains fuse.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	268718   Click image for larger version

Name:	HT Fuse.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	268719  
Closed Thread