UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jun 2009, 6:50 pm   #1
Marky P
Retired Dormant Member

Default Jukebox lighting question: Faded colour panels

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll try. I have a 1960 Wurlitzer jukebox and there is a coloured plastic panel at the front that the lights shine through, but the red colour has faded. I was wondering if there was some kind red paint or red plastic that I could get hold of to bring back the colour. Any ideas? The panel isn't visible, but the light shines through it and down over the front grill, so appearance of the panel isn't important.
Old 12th Jun 2009, 7:51 pm   #2
FRANK.C
Heptode

Default Re: Jukebox lighting question: Faded colour panels

CPC sell lighting filters in various colors. They are used for Disco lights etc. I am sure one of them would do the job for you.

Frank
Old 14th Jun 2009, 9:37 am   #3
Marky P
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks. That might just be the ticket.
Old 18th Jun 2009, 1:28 pm   #4
Dillen_de
Tetrode

Or maybe you can find some help here:

http://www.victoryglass.com/

Martin
Old 21st Jun 2009, 11:39 am   #5
jukeboxjunkie
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Re: Jukebox lighting question: Faded colour panels

Hi, I have used coloured cellophane. You can buy it from Hobbycraft in rols of 2.5 Mtrs in many colours. Hope this helps, Steve.

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 21st Jun 2009 at 12:50 pm. Reason: Quote removed.
Old 21st Jun 2009, 7:33 pm   #6
jukeboxjunkie
Retired Dormant Member

I should point out that cellophane should only be used on fluorescent tubes as these run cool and obviously not directly on any incandescent lamp...
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 8:47 pm   #7
Zelandeth
Heptode

Another possiblity if you don't have a craft store nearby would be to stop by your local motor factors. They usually will have a film for repairing cracked or damaged tail lights - red one for brake/side/fogs should do the trick for something like this I would think.

Depends what they've got, but our local one has packets with approx A5 sized sheets in, so they might be big enough.

Again though, might want to make sure it's kept clear of any incandescent lamps.
Closed Thread