UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Aug 2008, 10:32 pm   #1
ajs37
Heptode

Default a couple of questions about the Bush DAC70

Hi - just restoring this - I was going to scrap it, but under all the paint spots, it was in reasonable nick. Just about finished he cabinet now (finished with the electronics), but I need to check a couple of things:
1) the BUSH letters on the front - are they supposed to be off-white, or were they painted another colour?
2) the paint finish around the fascia - does anybody know what colour/ paint this is? I don't want to re-paint the whole thing - just touch up a few spots

thanks
Andy
Old 16th Aug 2008, 9:45 am   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: a couple of questions about the Bush DAC70

The BUSH letters on this model were an off-white or milky sort of colour.

The finish around the fascia was that 'dull gold' colour found on several Bush models of that time and later. This seems to be the common styling for the DAC70; I'm not sure if there were variations but I don't think so. Perhaps someone else will know more. The externally similar VHF90A differed, so don't get confused by that.

There is a picture of a DAC70, albeit not too clear, on this page.

Last edited by Darren-UK; 16th Aug 2008 at 9:47 am. Reason: Typo.
Old 18th Aug 2008, 8:49 pm   #3
ajs37
Heptode

Default Re: a couple of questions about the Bush DAC70

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren-uk View Post
The BUSH letters on this model were an off-white or milky sort of colour.
Thanks Darren - I don't have to do anything with them then!

As regards the paint colour - has anybody used a readily available paint to touch-up the fascia? Mine is almost complete - I just need to "fill-in" a bit - If not, I suppose I could mix up some humbrol paints and see if I can match it.
Cheers
Andy
Closed Thread